This

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This "Discussion" Board

Post  mikeburns on Mon May 24, 2010 10:50 am

It is very funny!

There is no discussion!

Only the old FISTF board and some of its supporters slating the new FISTF board and everything they are doing/trying to do.

Infact, half the stuff the old board are moaning about is their fault in the first place yet they are moaning at new board saying things have to change!!! Laughing Laughing

It is hilarious but also very sad and petty that a group of a few guys are trying their best to undermine a new board. Just get over it!!!

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Posts : 74
Join date : 2010-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Eoin on Mon May 24, 2010 11:12 am

At least the old board have a forum, I'm still waiting to see anything from the new board.
avatar
Eoin
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Guest on Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm

I think it is wrong we thought that a Board has to have a Forum.

A forum is an element of discussion without any filter. Anyone can write, say, offend no liability and without explanation.

In every forum there are people who do absolutely nothing for your own club or country but are allowed to criticize the work of others.

The forum is the opposite of democracy.

In democracy, ideas are presented, it seeks the trust of the people and if you vote, you assume responsibility.

After work and the final results will be what determines whether it will be chosen again or not.

I still think that one agency does not have to have a proper forum.

I've been very critical when purchased subbuteoforum FISCT not seemed like a good idea.

The forum must be free. In fact half of the writing on this forum would be canceled if the forum was given the FISTF.

Personally attempt to participate in the forum is Spanish than Italian, but never "impose" my position.

I have also tried to participate in this, it hurts to be dedicated, more than giving smart ideas to offend.

A greeting.

Piero

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Thossa on Mon May 24, 2010 2:00 pm

mikeburns wrote:It is very funny!

There is no discussion!

Only the old FISTF board and some of its supporters slating the new FISTF board and everything they are doing/trying to do.

Infact, half the stuff the old board are moaning about is their fault in the first place yet they are moaning at new board saying things have to change!!! Laughing Laughing

It is hilarious but also very sad and petty that a group of a few guys are trying their best to undermine a new board. Just get over it!!!

Typical Mike Burns as we know him Laughing Seriously researched and exactly on the point. cyclops
If the provisional BoD needs for September fresh blood, feel free to join the gang... Suspect
avatar
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 627
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Far beyond

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  mikeburns on Mon May 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Exactly on the point of what Thossa?

For me none of this matters really, FISTF etc, no-one really cares here so you can just keep doing what you are doing and i'll continue to laugh at all the posts.

What happened to the blackmail attempt anyway?

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Posts : 74
Join date : 2010-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  maxischn on Mon May 24, 2010 3:42 pm

so you didn't read any of the topics mike? or what about the EC discussion? the goalkeeper? or are these just "slashing" words against the board?

the problem is, that if you are against their ideas, you instantly mark them as "slashing supporters of the old board"

so the conclusion is, you have to say yes and amen to everything they do.


and no, i will never do something like that, if i can't see why they are doing this and that, i will stand up and say NO! I DO NOT WANT, (BECAUSE....)

and they have to accept my NO-saying and discuss with me furthermore, but all they do is retreating and deciding on their own, without discussion or approval of the nations


it's just ridicilous to pray for professionality, but showing none of it....


mikeburns wrote:FISTF etc, no-one really cares here

ah well, and thanks for proving, the board doesn't really care for other nations, thanks for stating this once again
avatar
maxischn
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Vienna

View user profile http://www.royal78.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  mikeburns on Mon May 24, 2010 4:01 pm

maxischn wrote:so you didn't read any of the topics mike? or what about the EC discussion? the goalkeeper? or are these just "slashing" words against the board?

the problem is, that if you are against their ideas, you instantly mark them as "slashing supporters of the old board"

so the conclusion is, you have to say yes and amen to everything they do.


and no, i will never do something like that, if i can't see why they are doing this and that, i will stand up and say NO! I DO NOT WANT, (BECAUSE....)

and they have to accept my NO-saying and discuss with me furthermore, but all they do is retreating and deciding on their own, without discussion or approval of the nations


it's just ridicilous to pray for professionality, but showing none of it....


mikeburns wrote:FISTF etc, no-one really cares here

ah well, and thanks for proving, the board doesn't really care for other nations, thanks for stating this once again

The bit you have quoted from my post you have taken the wrong way i think. When I say "here" i mean Scotland and probably the UK in general doesnt really care about FISTF or all the arguing that goes on. You can all do what you like and we'll sit here and laugh about it.

The rest of your post though, i agree with. If you dont agree with something you should stand up and say, "I disagree". However, I just find it funny that most of the sledging on this forum comes members of the old board and a couple of their supporters. I find it very funny that a lot of what people are moaning about were problems caused by previous administrations. Or problems that had arisen and failed to have been dealt with by previous administrations.

I dont see why an administration should have to answer themselves to the general public and post everything on a forum. Especially when it is a minority of the overall players that use the forums.

And just one last thing, the previous board didnt include our country in any decision making process or asked our opinion on matters affecting the game.

Anyway, not going to sit here and say "the old board never did that" and "the new board doesnt do this..." I am just saying that I find it funny that most of the attacks on the new board are come from the old board or their close allies!

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Posts : 74
Join date : 2010-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  maxischn on Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 pm

sadly there is no other board anymore, even with some moderation to keep out aggressive postings (a bit of control is needed everywhere) but it's hard to "discuss" when the actual board completely retreats from it... so all there is left is the "opposition" or as you call it the "old board and their close allies"

i don't see me as one of them so i feel a bit offended by your reproach

I just don't get it that there is always the talking of "professionality" and "more communcation" but all we get are newsletters, saying "you have 1 week to inform your country to send in a application for the BoD votings in september, but it has to be approved by your national board first"...

one week? just so smashed into a newsletter? and i don't want to mention all other decisions without asking for the national opinions.... but seeking agreement in a italian board -.-

and again, i'm not saying the old board did it better, but i can't agree to not practise what one preaches
avatar
maxischn
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Vienna

View user profile http://www.royal78.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Thossa on Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Everyone can use this discussion board, as well for laughing. Me too, I hope, I will read more funtastic topics and opinions. That´s what a forum is for. COMMUNICATION. But there is another side of the story. A lot of people just visit it and don´t comment topics. I know a lot of them. Some of them don´t have the guts, but they have own opinions on a lot of facts. I am really surprise how much players contacted me privately and ask me, why Vincent doesn´t come back as president. Guess why...
avatar
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 627
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Far beyond

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Guest on Mon May 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Maybe if the former president and his friends stop offending people who express their opinion, the debate here would be possible.

But since there are arguments the only thing left is the insult.

I'm happy waiting for the announcement of nominations for elections as next September .... is really fun.

Piero

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  drastis on Mon May 24, 2010 10:40 pm

mikeburns wrote:However, I just find it funny that most of the sledging on this forum comes members of the old board and a couple of their supporters.
I think you have noticed I complain a lot about the new BoD and I hope you do not count me as the first half of the "couple of the old board supporters" Shocked Shocked

mikeburns wrote:I dont see why an administration should have to answer themselves to the general public and post everything on a forum. Especially when it is a minority of the overall players that use the forums.
It is called "Communication" Mike. Everyone uses it. When you are exposed in public you have to talk, you have to answer, at least you have to pretend that you care about other people's opinions. Otherwise, people quickly realise that you are not there for them. That's why you have to answer.

So, a very law grade Sleep for temporary FISTF BoD communication skills then...

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-04-22
Location : Greece

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  maxischn on Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 pm

pierocapponi wrote:Maybe if the former president and his friends stop offending people who express their opinion, the debate here would be possible.

But since there are arguments the only thing left is the insult.

I'm happy waiting for the announcement of nominations for elections as next September .... is really fun.

Piero

normally people in leading roles should be able to stand ABOVE insults and keep the discussion objective... sadly i mostly saw stefano attacking other people and even nations... makes me a bit sad because i know him as a reasonable and fair sportsman and i like him very much, but i was shocked by his attitude in this forums....

but as drastis also mentioned, it is bad if you praise for more communication, but don't participate because you can't take critizism and insults.... that's where a good board should show his strenght
avatar
maxischn
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Vienna

View user profile http://www.royal78.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Guest on Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 pm

think who runs normal criticism.

but there is a very important difference between criticism and insults.

stefano I'm not and I do not have insulted nesuno in this or other forums.

also the reactions of stefano are just that, reaction, many attack ad that has nothing to do with constructive criticism.

Piero

(thanks Thossa)


Last edited by pierocapponi on Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  von K. on Mon May 24, 2010 11:07 pm

In a small game/sport like this, which has no coverage in the bigger media, there has to be some sort of forum where ALL the candidates participate and you can ask questions openly.

How else can anyone vote for anyone. It's a lottery!

I agree, that some sarcastic or otherwise questionable remarks could be left out, but I also think that you shouldn't take almost anything to yourself, if you know there is no reason. Then it's just the writers problem. You can also answer correctly to uncorrect comments, and thus at the same time answer the critique (or other) and not get into the low-level argument yourself. People (me too) are too often too sensitive to provocation.

Also I'm forced to think that if people in Britain are not interested, then perhaps they shouldn't vote at all? I don't think it's good, but is it good to vote, if you don't give jack's s..t (pardon my french) about it?

By the way, I also am not a supporter of any board. I just like common decency in decision making, respect for the smaller countries and players views, and decisions that are justified with reasoning that can sustain critiscism.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 854
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Thossa on Mon May 24, 2010 11:08 pm

yo creo normalismo que quien dirige reciba criticas.

pero hay una diferencia muy importante entre la critica y los insultos.

yo no soy stefano y no me parece de haber insultado nesuno ni en este ni en otros foros.

ademas las reaciones de stefano son eso, reaciones, muchas ad ataques que no tiene nada que ver con la critica constructiva.


You forgot to use the translator, Piero.

Sorry, it is no critism Rolling Eyes
avatar
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 627
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Far beyond

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  von K. on Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 pm

I think it's hats off for Piero who is back here! It's a very positive thing and should be appreciated.


Thossa wrote:yo creo normalismo que quien dirige reciba criticas.

pero hay una diferencia muy importante entre la critica y los insultos.

yo no soy stefano y no me parece de haber insultado nesuno ni en este ni en otros foros.

ademas las reaciones de stefano son eso, reaciones, muchas ad ataques que no tiene nada que ver con la critica constructiva.


You forgot to use the translator, Piero.

Sorry, it is no critism Rolling Eyes

I think we can all use a translator, Thossa. Why should it always be Piero doing it? No critiscism this either, and I understood your joke.

But for me it's always better if you can also read the translated (with a machine translator, which are not very good) text in original language. This was the first time I understood exactly what Piero meant.

Also because of the language barrier I feel that sarcasm should be avoided here when directed to people you know that are using different language or translator. And for the same reason anything that feels like an insult should be checked twice. Different countries and people have different styles and misunderstandings in the tones of the posts are common.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 854
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Guest on Mon May 24, 2010 11:29 pm

criticisms are the foundations of growth. It is also part of that base play things that work well (the franchise, business model most important of the last 20 years are an example).

I have always argued, I have provided arguments offered, including when management was not to defend my ideas. Often, moreover, when the ideas of others are better, change my opinion.

But in this forum have called me a bastard. And I told this unpresentable that the next time you take to court.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  von K. on Mon May 24, 2010 11:35 pm

pierocapponi wrote:
But in this forum have called me a bastard. And I told this unpresentable that the next time you take to court.

It is clear that bastard is not to be written. But where was this? I haven't noticed this. Is it possible that it is a translation error, or something?

It's not right, but I still don't think it's a reason to go to court. It tells more about the writer than you. I don't believe anyone is a bastard just because someone writes that in the internet. Also I have worked with kids, so bastard is nothing compared to the names they can use... (joking)

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 854
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Thossa on Mon May 24, 2010 11:51 pm

@ Vesa

Oh Allah, you are so right. Even some british gentlemen can´t understand me. Embarassed

But one thing I want to point out, what I have learned out of my expierience in eight years being part of FISTF BoD. It is nearly impossible to find a common speech. All the countries have so many different perceptions of views.

I will give you one example what I mean.... it is way back in 2006. World Cup in Dortmund. On Saturday, while the competition already runs since some hours somebody from Greece came up to me (I think it was "The Rock") and asked me, whether it would be possible to change "Greece" on the offical video wall (with all the announcements and results, etc.) into "Hellas". My first reaction was in a reflex to shout out loud by mistake, because I thought he was kidding me, but he didn´t and he was deeply offended and angry because of my reaction.

So, my advice to everyone who is interested in to be part of FISTF BoD: You need the skin of an elephant. Otherwise go home and mind your own business. Exclamation
avatar
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 627
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Far beyond

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  panagios on Tue May 25, 2010 8:15 am

If all the coutries were written in their native language , i.e. Deutschland instead of Germany, Italia instead of Italy etc, then Koutis, or whoever this Greek was , was absolutely right. It is not a matter of "skin of the Elephant" but just a matter of equal treatment.

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Eoin on Tue May 25, 2010 10:05 am

panagios wrote:If all the coutries were written in their native language , i.e. Deutschland instead of Germany, Italia instead of Italy etc, then Koutis, or whoever this Greek was , was absolutely right. It is not a matter of "skin of the Elephant" but just a matter of equal treatment.

...and Northern Ireland should be written as Norn Iron Laughing
avatar
Eoin
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Thossa on Tue May 25, 2010 10:18 am

panagios wrote:If all the coutries were written in their native language , i.e. Deutschland instead of Germany, Italia instead of Italy etc, then Koutis, or whoever this Greek was , was absolutely right. It is not a matter of "skin of the Elephant" but just a matter of equal treatment.

No, of course we used only the english versions for all !... and what I have mean with "skin of an elephant" was more global meant.
avatar
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 627
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Far beyond

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  panagios on Tue May 25, 2010 10:40 am

Therefore, Greece would be ok.
You see what I mean though? if details such as these were planned beforehand and stated clearly, no confusion would arise.

panagios
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Guest on Tue May 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Finally the cards are again on top of the table.

After many complaints, whining, contentious, lamentations about having lost several times over the years Vincent Coppenolle resubmitted to FISTF president.

I'm glad. Now we are much more fun.

Piero

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  mikeburns on Tue May 25, 2010 4:33 pm

pierocapponi wrote:Finally the cards are again on top of the table.

After many complaints, whining, contentious, lamentations about having lost several times over the years Vincent Coppenolle resubmitted to FISTF president.

I'm glad. Now we are much more fun.

Piero

I wouldnt expect Scotland to vote for anyone in this new election.

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Posts : 74
Join date : 2010-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum