Majors in 2014-2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Admin on Sat May 11, 2013 9:42 am

The Majors will take place in Stembert, Frameries, Athens, Amsterdam and Bologna.

2 Majors in the same country. The worst decision ever, I think.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere in Belgium

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  von K. on Sat May 11, 2013 11:43 am

It's quite depressing that even this BoD is not following the rules of FISTF. Is there a virus that makes this happen to FISTF BoD members...

14. Major Grand Prix
14.1. Definitions
14.1.1. There are 5 FISTF Majors per season.
14.1.2. There will be a maximum of 1 FISTF Major pe
r Member Association per season.


Either you have rules, and you respect them, or you don't have rules.

Additionally, I have hard time understanding how the Athens Major can be there again. We all know the past, and we all know what happened there last year. Disgraceful decision.

I also would strongly suggest that the point 14.1.1. would be changed, because if there are not enough good candidates from different nations it's ridiculous that FISTF ties its hands to the exact amount of 5 Majors. This seems to be the case because there are 2 belgians and Athens.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 854
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Admin on Sat May 11, 2013 12:50 pm

The only explanation was Mattersburg wasn't candidate anymore (who can confirm it) because Mattersburg remains far better than Athens, a tournament that has attracted less than 10 foreign players (almost all of them being Atlas players anyway) in 3 years.

Then the rules are changed only to please the "friends of the friends".

My comments are absolutely NOT aginast the Stembert people because their tournament is fantastic (even if I don't know how they can be a Major in 2014-2015 if they don't organize a tournament in 2013-2014).
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere in Belgium

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Heinz Eder on Tue May 14, 2013 2:23 pm

I think there are again a lot of rumours around that thing, as it seems the associations didn't inform its members yet.
The FISTF Board decided on a proposal of the sports department to implement a new rule for the major application. The new system is a point system based on different facts.
Vesa the new handbook for the next season is in work, and I think those chapters (hopefully) will be corrected and then the new application/point system will be part of the new handbook. Actually the FISTF Board informed the associations about the change by sending them a circular.
The last edition of the Major of Mattersburg wasn't one of the 5 best applicants, so the FISTF Board cancelled that Major for the next season. Every association was free to send an applicant for the Major tournament, Stembert was the only applicant beside the 5 existing Majors, which were automatically added to the applicant's list.

Those are the facts. My personal opinion is that it is not fair to say the Major of Athens can't be a Major because it was introduced against the existing rules 3 years ago. Should they never have a chance to be a Major because of that fact!?
About the new system itself everybody should build his opinion.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Admin on Tue May 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Athens, a Major without foreign players. Just a huge joke!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere in Belgium

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  von K. on Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:My personal opinion is that it is not fair to say the Major of Athens can't be a Major because it was introduced against the existing rules 3 years ago. Should they never have a chance to be a Major because of that fact!?

So it's worth it getting the first edition against the rules and with corruption. No punishment, nothing, never. I believe laws also are viewed according to the moment when an offence has occurred. 3 years is not a long time, either.

I believe no one who tries to gain unfair personal gain in suchh a fashion we have seen with Athens Major, should be allowed to organise a big tournament the next 5 years. I have no problem for Greece to have a Major, if the organiser has not bent the rules 3 years ago to have one.

There has got to be some consequence for such actions. There has not been, and this is the point in my view. After a proper punishment is served, they should be free to apply for a Major again.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 854
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Heinz Eder on Tue May 21, 2013 10:31 am

In my opinion the question is, who has more responsibility for that mistake.
The organizer who tries to get a Major, or the board/sports director who allowed it?

Anyway your point of view is valid too of course.

Heinz

von K. wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:My personal opinion is that it is not fair to say the Major of Athens can't be a Major because it was introduced against the existing rules 3 years ago. Should they never have a chance to be a Major because of that fact!?

So it's worth it getting the first edition against the rules and with corruption. No punishment, nothing, never. I believe laws also are viewed according to the moment when an offence has occurred. 3 years is not a long time, either.

I believe no one who tries to gain unfair personal gain in suchh a fashion we have seen with Athens Major, should be allowed to organise a big tournament the next 5 years. I have no problem for Greece to have a Major, if the organiser has not bent the rules 3 years ago to have one.

There has got to be some consequence for such actions. There has not been, and this is the point in my view. After a proper punishment is served, they should be free to apply for a Major again.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Janus_Gersie on Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 am

Well, some topics of the main discussion are obsolete now as we can see only four Majors next season (Calendar):
- Frameries
- Verviers
- Bologna
- Mattersburg

No Major in Athens and Rotterdam. But still the question why we will have two Majors in one country ?!
avatar
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 331
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Frankfurt area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Heinz Eder on Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am

Sports Department changed rules so it is allowed to organize 2 Major tournaments in the same country.
The Major in Athens maybe will be organized if the greek parties find a solution till a defined date as far as I know, but I'm not the one to give official statements, so I don't know if my information are 100% correct.
Official requests can be sent by an association, then you will get an official answer I guess.

Heinz

Janus_Gersie wrote:Well, some topics of the main discussion are obsolete now as we can see only four Majors next season (Calendar):
- Frameries
- Verviers
- Bologna
- Mattersburg

No Major in Athens and Rotterdam. But still the question why we will have two Majors in one country ?!

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Admin on Tue May 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Seriously, between Mattersburg, Amsterdam and Athens, the very very very best tournament is Amsterdam!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere in Belgium

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Heinz Eder on Tue May 28, 2013 2:51 pm

I totally agree on that, but amsterdam didn't apply.
I don't know any reasons.

Admin wrote:Seriously, between Mattersburg, Amsterdam and Athens, the very very very best tournament is Amsterdam!

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Majors in 2014-2015

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum