Meeting in Paris (January 7/8)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meeting in Paris (January 7/8)

Post  manu on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:51 pm

kechris wrote:Happy new year.

p.s Manuel in french federation site must announce the meeting of french federation.
the meeting of fistf must announce in fistf's site. I think...

I totally agree and this point was discussed with the webmaster who apologize for this.

manu
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

View user profile http://www.ftcissy.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Meeting postponed tot he 3rd week-end of March. That's a pity because 3rd week-ends are for national events. What a shame...
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Corydoras seracin on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Why don't they do the meeting during the Major of Mons or the GP of Issy?. More persons will be there & the meeting will be more interesting & hopefully fruitfull. Smile

Corydoras seracin
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Corydoras seracin wrote:Why don't they do the meeting during the Major of Mons or the GP of Issy?. More persons will be there & the meeting will be more interesting & hopefully fruitfull. Smile
Would you like to try to explain that to the one who takes thiese silly decisions?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 am

Corydoras seracin wrote:Why don't they do the meeting during the Major of Mons or the GP of Issy?. More persons will be there & the meeting will be more interesting & hopefully fruitfull. Smile

It is not Garniers goal to collect many people while a big tournament for a meeting for only a few hours in the evening (lets say on friday before the event, or on Saturday evening between the two days). He thinks it is not fruitful enough. Probably he could be right, I am not sure.

His goal is to invite the responsible people from the national associations for a date without playing Subbuteo, only for talking "to work concentrated" on one weekend. His dilemma is (as it looks like for me): not enough people are ready to follow this idea. You have to spend lots of extra money and extra time to travel and stay somewhere in Europe. And you can be sure: this weekend is exhausting and you will take a lot of work to do back home. The enthusiats for this are rare...

Mind! The national associations have in general enough to do, to keep their own association running.

Now the date is postponed to the third weekend of March. I guess a lot of national associations have already plans for this weekend for national tournaments. The most of the responsibles in the national assiociation are still players... another dilemma.

I think Laurent Garnier is riding the horse from the wrong side.

A lot of people would be ready to work for FISTF at home via Computers for many hours per week, but they are not willing to spend a lot of money "to play big business" in Paris, Rome or Athens...

It could be interested to learn how much money FISTF have spend for meetings for BoD-members over the last two years. I guess it will be much more than the former Boards spend it in ten years before. And then tell me, was it worth while?

Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:08 pm

You can imagine his answers:
"Presidents of the associations should keep organising as a priority instead of playing"
"We want to be a professional sport so we have to work a professional way"
"You can't talk in a tournament because people are concentrated by what's going on in the hall"
"You can't organise a meeting during a tournament because organizers deserve the whole focus on their event"

Thossa is absolutely right. We should all know how much money has been invested (or wasted) in meetings. And what did the meetings bring to FISTF?

There is always a huge difference between the dreams and the reality of the ground. Unfortunately the guy who decides now is part of the side of the "dreamers". He's trying to impose rules at international level that don't even work at french level. It's very sad...

I such a situation, there is no issue for FISTF.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorenzo on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Nice post Thossa: lots of truths and a balanced attitude. I am adding a few comments of my own.

In my opinion, before launching big time projects and calling meetings of consequence Garnier (or any other chairman) ought to make an effort to rebuild some trust and unity in the movement. This means spending an year or so in the pursuit of limited objectives. It also means assuming a humbler pose, doing some self-criticism and marginalizing both Stefano and Vincent for a while.

This is unfortunate, since these are hard-working guys and assets to the community, but their personal enmity has become the prime reason of strife in our niche world and something must be done about it. Rodriguez is a nice guy, but he was Stefano’s secretary and he may be seen as personally associated to him. Perhaps he was not the best choice as sport director.

After rebuilding trust, a meeting like the one in Paris might be set up with better hopes for success. However, Garnier’s antipathy for internet is his weakest spot. It’s all right if he does not want to delve in forums, but most of FISTF’s activity must be inevitably carried out by videoconference. You can’t expect tens of people to be travelling all over Europe on a regular basis to attend conferences – and by calling the meeting in Paris he made things considerably easier for himself.

All that said, I also think we ought to stop this atmosphere of conflict and suspicions and give the guy a chance. The war of the buttons is bound to end sometimes. And -- however unlikely the idea may appear, turning table soccer into a sport is its one hope for survival beyond our generation.
Lorenzo
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Any news from the big meeting and anniversary of FISTF?

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Looks like only Laurent Garnier, Cédric Garnier, Fred Vulpes, Horst Deimel, Enrico Corso and Antonello Rodriquez were present. From the only few things I heard, there were not many interesting developments...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  maxischn on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:40 pm

nice waste of money again Very Happy
maxischn
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.royal78.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:26 pm

The minutes. Take a look at the FISTF website to read the minutes and enjoy!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:27 am

Admin wrote:The minutes. Take a look at the FISTF website to read the minutes and enjoy!

It really is entertaining (if you don't have anything riding on FISTF). Time to pour a nice drink, have some snacks and enjoy reading.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top