A couple of questions for Mike Burns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A couple of questions for Mike Burns

Post  von K. on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Mike, I see you write in SN that Vincent "basically is going against just about everything he put into FISTF rules."

Could you specify a little, thanks.

Personally I have seen that FISTF regulations don't apply anymore (see for example Greece Major), so I'd like to know the hickup in this matter. I hav not seen Mike criticise the 5th Major decision in SN. The same standards should apply to everyone, or am I wrong?

Anyway, WASPA has nothing to do with FISTF, if I understand correctly. Like the Old Subbuteo players have nothing to do with FISTF either. Don't you agree?

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A couple of questions for Mike Burns

Post  mikeburns on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:14 pm

No.

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:41 pm

I gather that's a "no" to

a) specifying the comment
b) same standards not applying for everyone (according to this I'd await criticism on your behalf regarding Greece Major decision and other subjects)
and
c) agreeing that WASPA is not connected to FISTF. (I see no connection, still.)

Thanks for answering.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeburns on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Vesa,

The "ideas" that are coming from Vincent now are the polar opposite from what him and his board were implementing while they were in charge of FISTF.

Also you haven't been around long enough to realise that Vincent stamps his feet and walks away when he doesnt get his own way. Look at the FISTF board of 1998-2002. It has now happened again. He's taken his ball and gone home!

Vincent puts in a power of work and should be commended for that but he has to realise that he is not The Godfather of all things table football/Subbuteo. FISTF is not his!

2. I dont agree with a Greek Major. Infact i'm not sure i 100% agree with Majors at all.

3. Of course its connected, this supposed Federation would be competing for the same players, using the same rules and equipment.

Vesa, you seem to be a very intelligent guy, more intelligent than most and make great points. However, you simply just haven't been around for long enough.

mikeburns
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Capponi hasn't been around for a long time but yu trust him becauses he clamis he's perfect. When he's manipulating people, they are stupid enough to say they don't care. So what's the point about Vesa not being around for a long time?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:28 pm

mikeburns wrote:Vesa,

The "ideas" that are coming from Vincent now are the polar opposite from what him and his board were implementing while they were in charge of FISTF.

Also you haven't been around long enough to realise that Vincent stamps his feet and walks away when he doesnt get his own way. Look at the FISTF board of 1998-2002. It has now happened again. He's taken his ball and gone home!

Vincent puts in a power of work and should be commended for that but he has to realise that he is not The Godfather of all things table football/Subbuteo. FISTF is not his!

2. I dont agree with a Greek Major. Infact i'm not sure i 100% agree with Majors at all.

3. Of course its connected, this supposed Federation would be competing for the same players, using the same rules and equipment.

Vesa, you seem to be a very intelligent guy, more intelligent than most and make great points. However, you simply just haven't been around for long enough.

Thanks, Mike! Now you gave me a real answer. Sorry for the sarcastic remark, but I like answers like this a lot more, even if I would not agree with them Cool

I agree, that I don't know everything. However that makes me kind of "tabula rasa" regarding FISTF and the persons behaviour. I can only judge what I see, without the burden of history. I also judge people from the reliable information I have, no vage rumours to make strong judgments. About intelligence, I don't know, and intelligence doesn't make anyone wise, which I regard as more important.

As you have read also here, I'm not blindly supporting Vincent, and I don't think he has been perfect. But I see no harm in him using his desire for the game to create something new. I also like to think positive about people (until it becomes impossible), and I await Vincent to take into account that if he does things "flying solo" the WASPA initiative will suffer the faith of Icarus. I'm ready to wait and see (and contribute).

I don't say you are wrong or right, or that I'm wrong or right. It's a complicated matter. But now I know why you wrote that initial criticism, and that is important.

2) I just wish you would also voice your criticism about the Greece Major also in the SN (or otherwise openly). Just like I wish everyone respecting rules and regulations would do.

3) There will, no doubt, be differences regarding rules and especially other regulations. I would not exclude FISTF players from WASPA tournaments. Like the english association of Jeremy Bradley (?) is not excluding anyone and vice versa. I also believe that there should always be an alternative. Ultimately it's all about the same game, and people choose what they consider best for them.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:16 pm

About the problems of being "green", I find it a bit odd that Giufaz comments things like an old fox, even though according to himself he was absent from the sport a long time (15-20 years if I remember correctly), and has only been back after last summer.

In this aspect I also would like to see the same standards being used. But instead Giufaz acts and/or is considered an expert for example regarding the greek matter, and now WASPA.

Not directed to you, Mike. Just a general comment.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top