New section

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New section

Post  Heinz Eder on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:05 am

Hi von K., what should be taken into consideration for the calender?
The Board can only ask the associations about the WC after the april ranking is finished.

Problems always were happening at tournaments, it has nothing to do with the board. There are other points people can complain about, I think.

von K. wrote:WASPA seems really the only sensible possibility for the future.

Especially after seeing the raw version of the calendar (not taking into consideration many things, and not asking anything from the nations regarding the World Cup), and reading that it could be dangerous at the moment to participate in FISTF events (from SN, regarding the Malta tournament).

Luis, I'd like to know how your protests and your criticism has been affecting the work of FISTF. Have you had answers to your questions? I see so many unanswered questions in SN, the now official private/public site of who knows who. Can you really say, you have seen positive development overall? Your patience must have no limits.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New section

Post  von K. on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:Hi von K., what should be taken into consideration for the calender?
The Board can only ask the associations about the WC after the april ranking is finished.

Problems always were happening at tournaments, it has nothing to do with the board. There are other points people can complain about, I think.

Just added a couple, that I think are important. I'm not always talking about the board. If problems at tournaments make people write "it's not safe to travel to tournaments" then maybe a federation (or something similar) with better ideals would be needed. The board comes into the picture when we have the verdict.

As for the calendar, the date for the World Cup should be asked about from members to see if it affects participation. And shouldn't associations get to have a say when rules are broken with regard to the Major, to see if it is accepted? A single person making such decisions alone is quite absurd, whoever it is.

I don't understand what April ranking has got to do with the date of the World Cup of 2012?

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 854
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New section

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:41 pm

von K. wrote:As for the calendar, the date for the World Cup should be asked about from members to see if it affects participation.
It should have been wise to see the number of entries at the WC 2011 before deciding to make another WC in July...
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere in Belgium

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: New section

Post  Heinz Eder on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:35 am

I got you wrong on the thing with the WC.
Of course you could ask the associations for their opinion according on the World Cup. About the rule breaking in case of the 5th Major next season, you have to wait for the next edition of the handbook then you can build an opinion.
You are generally right when saying that the association need to be more involved, but it is nothing new for a very long time unfortunately.
According on the problems, I think it is a problem of a few events, if you have a look on tournaments like Mons were nearly 250 players come together, you won't see problems. Out of my experience I can say that the biggest problems happened at greek events, because of the special situation there and in Malta sometimes.
FISTF is not in the situation to send an official to every event of the circuit to check things, it was a try to install Head Referees, but the experience showed that they didn't want to get problems so they didn't report in many cases.

von K. wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:Hi von K., what should be taken into consideration for the calender?
The Board can only ask the associations about the WC after the april ranking is finished.

Problems always were happening at tournaments, it has nothing to do with the board. There are other points people can complain about, I think.

Just added a couple, that I think are important. I'm not always talking about the board. If problems at tournaments make people write "it's not safe to travel to tournaments" then maybe a federation (or something similar) with better ideals would be needed. The board comes into the picture when we have the verdict.

As for the calendar, the date for the World Cup should be asked about from members to see if it affects participation. And shouldn't associations get to have a say when rules are broken with regard to the Major, to see if it is accepted? A single person making such decisions alone is quite absurd, whoever it is.

I don't understand what April ranking has got to do with the date of the World Cup of 2012?

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New section

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum