SN about figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SN about figures

Post  von K. on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 am

Jose Carlos Guerrero's Editorial » Published: 03/22/2011
Table Football aesthetic

Apart from the players wearing and fit outs, about I’ll write in future articles, the following words aspire to call to attention about other aesthetic aspects of our game.

One of the most shocking issues of table Football is his appearance. The green pitch outspread, the colored bases, the detailed figures….provokes surprise and admiration to whom reach the table football for their first time.

However, a lot of players (some of them top level players) don’t take care of it, using unpainted figures, figures with different painting schemes o, something that I think is incredible, using figures without arms and/or without head!

All this, that could seem not important for the top players, is essential for the development and the future of our sport. And it’s not only for the deception for the people who approach our game, like new players, rather for marketing and external image reasons.

Also, we must not forget that there’s a rule about it. The rule #4, chapter 4.2 determine clearly than the 10 figures must be PAINTED with the same color schemes and all ten must be equal. This is not kept a lot of times and, I must insist, sometimes by top level players.

There’s a lot of manufactures offering figures of all styles and prices, perfectly painted and detailed, there’s no excuses to use a nice team and under the rules.

In this moment, FISTF Board is working to deal live TV broadcasting and aspect like the detailed previously must be corrected before, to avoid the bad image that our sport could show if someone uses in a TV broadcasted match an unpainted team, or with 6 different color figure or maybe with “mutilated” figures….

According to this unpainted figures are against the rules. But as paint is mentioned here and also in the rules, then also all those nice decals are forbidden.

An official sports department editorial should probably take into account the problem this creates for many players.

Playing with equal unbroken figures is of course not accepted in the rules.

However, I personally don't see this as a big problem and certainly not the main problem of the game regarding tv coverage. There are much bigger problems which are also accepted even though not allowed by the rules.

And why should rules be followed if the FISTF as a federation, and its BoD, doesn't follow them (i.e. Major of Greece)?

An editorial in the front page of a global federation (fistf.info seems forgotten) should probably also be checked for language. Completely understandable language from the writer, who uses foreign language. But mistakes should be corrected by the publisher before publishing. This really is not very good advertisement for someone searching for a global professionally run federation. I'm not talking about minor language mistakes or typing errors, by the way.

All in all, it is striking that after all the talk about professionalism, this is the result. Staying in amateurism, and accepting it, would be much more plausible. Amateurs' mistakes are better accepted, as on the other hand, a proper professional can admit his mistakes, because it doesn't take away his credibility, but shows he is also self critical.

Nothing against Guerrero (only about the editorial), but publishing an official opinion of the sports department (or FISTF) as an editorial requires being very careful with facts about rules, and with language.

About the language and things written (not comparable with reality in my opinion) criticism goes also to the first editorial written by Capponi.

For the tv people looking for a plausible global sport, it is not very convincing.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SN about figures

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:58 am

When I saw ths editorial, I had a good laugh! Very Happy
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:56 am

My team is painted and decalled as Finland national ice hockey -team. Is this good or bad? I've also been thinking of 'Tourist' -team, where figures would have Hawaii shirts and shorts painted, now would this be accepted or not? Btw, if blank white figures arent allowed, is it ok if player PAINTS full team of pink, black or blue figures?
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 am

As I first noticed the new editorial by Jose I thought "Ouch!".
After reading it, it came to my mind: "What will coming next?"
Good possible it leads to a elitist thinking that no heavy weight champions like Granados or Guyot will be allowed to play World Cups anymore, because well built people are not good for professional marketing of TF Razz
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:20 am

Thossa wrote:As I first noticed the new editorial by Jose I thought "Ouch!".
After reading it, it came to my mind: "What will coming next?"
Good possible it leads to a elitist thinking that no heavy weight champions like Granados or Guyot will be allowed to play World Cups anymore, because well built people are not good for professional marketing of TF Razz

Yeah, and after that "mentally disabled" will also be banned ... guess how many players/officials we would lose at once ? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dromer on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:39 am

Yeah, and after that "mentally disabled" will also be banned ... guess how many players/officials we would lose at once ? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes [/quote]

maybe not the end of subbuteo but for sure the end of FISTF Very Happy

dromer
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:19 pm

They're ready to do anything to lose Kechris. But they'll also lose Papa and Koutromanos (and even Triantafillou) in this case so... lol!

Seriously, it's not funny... Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Gentlemen,

I'm sorry I disagree. You should read better the post.
There are some good ideas on it too.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:Gentlemen,

Yes, Luis, agreed. It is not about the article itself (which could have been written/translated a bit more properly), it is about the placement. It is not really professional to place an article like this on the front page of a global federation AND stating in this article more TV coverage will be reached.

Janus
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Janus_Gersie wrote:
Luis Filipe Horta wrote:Gentlemen,

Yes, Luis, agreed. It is not about the article itself (which could have been written/translated a bit more properly), it is about the placement. It is not really professional to place an article like this on the front page of a global federation AND stating in this article more TV coverage will be reached.

Janus

Yes, my criticism was not meant so that all of the ideas were wrong. But there are illogical things regarding sports rules (unpainted/painted/decals). The language should be checked if it's an editorial of a global federation on its front page. And I personally would find numerous more important factors for tv interest than unpainted figures. And I see so many rules broken all the time both in the administration as in sports, that this really is peanuts.

But it is of course correct that rules state that all figures have to be the same, and look the same. But this of course means no named or numbered players, too.

And if we want to make a split from relation to football (TF is not a football game, it's its own game, as stated by the sport people), then why unpainted figures are a bad thing?

So the editorial really doesn't get to the bottom of the problematic issue of heterogenic figures. It lacks substance in my opinion, and so is not worth its place in the front page. As an editorial, I regard this as a McEditorial. Done fast, without deeper insight, without clear logic that is supported by the rules and with a poor language. And as an editorial it is written as an advice to people, not as a discussion-opener.

But as an opinion on a forum, this would be ok, and people would just discuss it, and correct some problematic things in it. And the language would be fine on a forum. It could be a good discussion-opener on a forum.

The importance of the place makes the difference.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top