Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Banned from the "official" forum

Post  Kaitsu on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Admin wrote:
dromer wrote:Why is Luis' post removed?
???
No idea. Which post???
Is this related to the post(s) which got Luis a warning from SdF? The post(s) suggested that admins move the post(s) in to right topic (it was in wrong one) instead of deleting the message(s) without any hint of the action. SdF gave warnings to Luis and maxischn (iirc) because they "criticized" administrator(s) actions.

Edit: OK, it wasn't that old stuff.. So, what post are You guys talking about?
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  maxischn on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:59 pm

there are no deleted posts *jedi-hand-waving*

maxischn
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.royal78.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dromer on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:54 pm

The post in wich Luis shows 3 of his messages on SN forum were removed by DeFR.

dromer
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:27 am

dromer wrote:The post in wich Luis shows 3 of his messages on SN forum were removed by DeFR.
I think he removed it by himself. SdF doesn't allow crossposting.
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  dromer on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 am

Oeps, and Luis allready received a last warning for asking some questions a few days ago.

dromer
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:22 pm

I really love this sentence taken from the SN forum

SdF:
I remind you that it is forbidden to criticize the admins.

By the way: I can't find this passage in the forum rules .....
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Janus_Gersie wrote:I really love this sentence taken from the SN forum

SdF:
I remind you that it is forbidden to criticize the admins.

By the way: I can't find this passage in the forum rules .....

I love it, too. However it changes nothing. Don't you see, Janus. It's obvious. The banned persons are still to blame, because they should have been psychic and known the constantly changing personal rules anyway... (sarcasm)

The reality is so sad.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:50 am

I don't know what they are thinking. Sometimes I can log in (to see the information in attachments which should be open for everyone, banned or not, registered or not), sometimes not.

And the unbelievable thing is that at one of my workplaces (possibility for 1000 people to use the net) everyone is still banned as "guest, banned for using double nicks".

How can a guest have double nicks? Why is the IP in use for 1000 people banned (the same thing happened in other banned people's workplaces, by the way)?

And finally the reason for my ban: "von K. banned for using double nicks". But I didn't, because the one they thought was my double (Emil Thetre), just happened to come from the same country.

And I have sent email about this IP ban for 1000 people many months ago, so it would be easy to correct, if there would be any sort of professionalism in the administration.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:56 pm

von K. wrote:I don't know what they are thinking. Sometimes I can log in (to see the information in attachments which should be open for everyone, banned or not, registered or not), sometimes not.
I had similar things when i got banned and they finally deleted my account. I bet it's the banning option of the forum that's lagging as the ban doesn't include the main site. Anyways this is just way to point out the lack of skills and knowledge in administration as IP-ban is so easy to pass.

One thing that bit bothers me is that SN forum has tens of bot/non-tf users registered and they are publishing other peoples personal informations via the transfer informations. But it only includes peoples names, addresses and phone numbers so nothing critical information. They also have layer on their side so i believe it's all okey, if something would happen.
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:15 pm

The IP ban problem is old news, of course. I just wanted to remind people (the about 5 readers here Razz ) that despite getting clear information about the problem banning 1000 innocent people from the site, they do nothing.

Kaitsu wrote:
One thing that bit bothers me is that SN forum has tens of bot/non-tf users registered and they are publishing other peoples personal informations via the transfer informations. But it only includes peoples names, addresses and phone numbers so nothing critical information. They also have layer on their side so i believe it's all okey, if something would happen.

This is why the finnish association did not send the transfer papers, but did as Italy did, just sent the names and club info signed by our federation President. The papers are available for FISTF if needed. We didn't accept this publication of information and signatures of our players, but despite the question being raised here, and read by at least one person in connection with SN, nothing happened.

The bots and other spam-nicks in the SN are an integral part of De Francesco's success. They make the
RECORD!
numbers Laughing

The reality of the success is seen when you see Heinz trying to have discussion about the handbook, and practically no one else is having that conversation.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:24 am

von K. wrote:Sometimes I can log in (to see the information in attachments which should be open for everyone, banned or not, registered or not), sometimes not.

Try the TOR browser. It is hiding your IP by using other IP's. It is not possible to track the original IP.
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Janus_Gersie wrote:
von K. wrote:Sometimes I can log in (to see the information in attachments which should be open for everyone, banned or not, registered or not), sometimes not.

Try the TOR browser. It is hiding your IP by using other IP's. It is not possible to track the original IP.

Of course there are ways to so this, but the it is absurd that players have to do things like this to read very important information, which is hiding in the attachments (registration needed) and in the forum (accepted IP needed).

And banning whole communitites that use the same IP is really unbelievable. If someone from my work becomes interested in TF, should he really be forced to first find out about IP hiders etc.

The whole situation with the SN forum is absolutely ridiculous.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top