New FISTF forum coming soon?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New FISTF forum coming soon?

Post  Admin on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 pm

On the WII but as I spoke to some people (including Chris Blümel), there are many TF players who play FIFA11 on PS3 and I think I should switch to that one soon ;-)
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:41 am

Sorry Kaitsu, you are banned from using this forum!
Not respect the Forum rules, bringing out for fighting between Forum users, moderators and admins. This banning will be permanent.
This ban is set to expire December 12, 2013, 11:21:09 AM.
Now my user account has been deleted with all my posts..

Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:44 am

I love your signature. It's soooooooooooooo the reality...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Apparently I have also received a ban that will not expire at all for the "discussion forum" of the sports director. I did not receive a warning first.

It's clear that I did not write anything worse that was written by people in other topics. I also received a rude message by Stefano De Francesco followed by another. But I only have the first saved. This followed after I made normal questions (unfortunately erased also without giving a reason) about the 'keeper decisions:

De Francesco on his forum wrote:
Dear Vesa,
I have great patience with you. You always write as if you are an expert, but you're not. I envy you, you have only certainties and no doubts.

I'll do a poll among nations as well as possible, then based on the responses of nations i will decide what to do.

I don't think I'll ask your opinion on how to do the survey, because I believe that you are not sufficiently expert to express an opinion.

It is not a question of sympathy or antipathy, but only if a person is prepared or unprepared.

For example, on a topic like this the opinion of someone like Kechris is held in high regard. (regardless of other things that I disagree with him). Kechris is an expert who knows what you're talking about.

Excuse me for my frankness but the people who chat without knowing what does not interest me.

I have all my messages after that saved, and when I have the pc they are saved in at hand, I can send them here so anyone can see what was written (also by Piero Capponi about a person he does not know anything about).

I made the mistake of asking about for example which sports director made the decision about the greek Major (according to rules of handbook it had to be Heinz). No one answered. Also questions about the FISTF decision about putting Greece in position of a colony (not a word I used, but another user) were not answered, but seemed to be too much for open and independent discussion forum of a global federation.

It seems clear that the real forum for FISTF has to open soon. Any real discussion is completely impossible in the SN forum when you have an opposite opinion, and don't accept silence or change of subject as an answer from the FISTF BoD.

It is also clear that people or members are not treated equal in FISTF at the moment (for example the votes of Madrid, and the sports "forum"/support site).

The least I'd expect is an explanation about who deleted my post which was completely according to rules. This was also what I insisted to get from the forum, but these questions lead to a ban over there. I'd like to see a clear reason for being banned. I haven't received one.

A new federation, anyone?

Last edited by von K. on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:51 am

Total 3 finnish players got banned and later 2 of them got deleted. I'm not putting lot of hope for the official FITSF forum (which might be opened at fistf.info) as the same group of people (BoD) will be administrating that forum aswell.
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:05 am

It's just a coincidence, but at the same time the BoD and the organisers of Madrid elections do not answer the questions made about the promise (by a FISTF director then and now, and thus also a candidate) of FISTF to Finland about its votes, that was never fulfilled, nor was the promise cancelled. Those questions have not been asked on forums.

Unifying FISTF has started...

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:15 pm

A lot of people think like this:
"At least we have some idiots who do the job."

In general I notice it is too much negativity in our community and it will be hard to solve this problem.
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Thossa wrote:
In general I notice it is too much negativity in our community and it will be hard to solve this problem.

Yes, and it would be fruitful to find out why. And after that maybe it would be a good idea to do things in another way. I thought it was obvious that this is the main problem to tackle for a new BoD. Unity through understanding, discussing and finding compromises.

However, if there are rules that are not the same to all, or they are not respected, then it's evident that it will create negativity. Nothing will cure negativity based on inequality among supposedly equal people. Also if there is no trust (many times because of unclarified past, or decisions without clarifications), negativity and criticism are always more strongly present.

In general (not only TF) many people act the same way in important positions as they would as private persons, which can create problems. For example the ideal of objectivity in decisions is difficult to achieve, but necessary to set as a target.

For a global federation in crisis these kind of things would have to be thought about, and also be realised in actions instead of just nice words.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:27 pm

von K. wrote:A new federation, anyone?
Maybe a world association of players where, when there are elections, players would have the right to vote. It means if there are 500 italian players who are "active" (let's say those in the world rankings), they can all vote (or maybe those who are at least 8 years old).

I think if we create another association, it would be something based on the playing level instead of the age categories. Tournaments should have several sections based on each player's playing level.

Another priority would be to make more attractive tournament, let's say at least 4 games for each player.

I believe the team play must be changed also. Right now clubs are too much based on money, not on fun... Mixed teams should be encouraged to play team games (for players who travel but don't have a team). It's not easy to change that but I think it should be a priority.

There are so many things that could be done...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:57 pm

von K. wrote:
A new federation, anyone?

Do you mean a Subbuteo federation Question Laughing
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Just came to my mind..

What about if the BoD of international association would be the presidents of national associations (or person voted for the position)? Then there would only be national elections and all nations would be present (atleast all nations that want to participate).

Just a quick thought..
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 am

von K. wrote:It's just a coincidence, but at the same time the BoD and the organisers of Madrid elections do not answer the questions made about the promise (by a FISTF director then and now, and thus also a candidate) of FISTF to Finland about its votes, that was never fulfilled, nor was the promise cancelled. Those questions have not been asked on forums.

Forever and always: the roles of Alan, Laurent and Giulio during and after the EGM in Madrid MUST stay in our minds until the last day of FISTF.
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:56 am

Thossa wrote:A lot of people think like this:

As long as the majority is happy with

- a website up and running (incl. a nice forum to post ancient photos)
- a calendar and
- a World Ranking

anybody will care about a further development.

Janus
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Janus_Gersie wrote:
Thossa wrote:A lot of people think like this:

As long as the majority is happy with

- a website up and running (incl. a nice forum to post ancient photos)
- a calendar and
- a World Ranking

anybody will care about a further development.

Janus
If this is the case, why didn't someone just put the forum up? I don't know if You do know, but forum like that can be put online in about 15minutes. If You want, i can do 40 identical forums right away for You only.

The calender was "ready" as the tournament dates were asked from FISTF last season, right? Those events are always booked long time before the actual event? just group the dates and the calender is done.

World Ranking has been kept in order for years by person outside BoD, right? So, they just copy-paste the complete info to the website and that's done.

I'm sorry, but personally i don't see much point to applaud for these "achievments" even tho majority of the playerbase -or those who hang around at FISTF forum- are happy with that. Personally i'm still waiting a lot more for these guys, who think they are like tf gods or something.
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Kaitsu wrote:I'm sorry, but personally i don't see much point to applaud for these "achievments" even tho majority of the playerbase -or those who hang around at FISTF forum- are happy with that. Personally i'm still waiting a lot more for these guys, who think they are like tf gods or something.

Totally agreed ! The only achievement seems to be a brider communication. They are behind their own schedule as Piero said in Madrid he would like to bring FISTF.INFO online as soon as possible. And Leonidas showed me the already nearly ready homepage with the embedded "tournament maker".

But keep in mind: even in the integrated forum of FISTF.INFO "nasty" posts will be deleted.

I am still waiting for an answer from Piero because in Madrid I was offered the chairman of Disciplinary Council. Two weeks later they announced three completely different names ... Strange !
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:07 pm

We still don't even know why the full Disciplinary Board was replaced... Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Janus_Gersie wrote:But keep in mind: even in the integrated forum of FISTF.INFO "nasty" posts will be deleted.
Same admins, so won't change much Cool
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Admin wrote:We still don't even know why the full Disciplinary Board was replaced... Crying or Very sad

Nothing against Mike, John and Hansel. My intention was also to nominate Hansel as a replacement of Henk Landzaat, who didn't want to do the job any longer. But Robert Lenz and me were a good team, he was the observer and with deep knowledge about the scene and me being the "Termibator" with almost good english explanations ....

I think Piero and Stefano even didn't think about the possibility to keep the old DC ...
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 am

Janus_Gersie wrote:
von K. wrote:It's just a coincidence, but at the same time the BoD and the organisers of Madrid elections do not answer the questions made about the promise (by a FISTF director then and now, and thus also a candidate) of FISTF to Finland about its votes, that was never fulfilled, nor was the promise cancelled. Those questions have not been asked on forums.

Forever and always: the roles of Alan, Laurent and Giulio during and after the EGM in Madrid MUST stay in our minds until the last day of FISTF.

Luckily much of that is also well archived, so it will not be forgotten.

I'm waiting a bit to have more time off from other work, so I can get to the bottom of the french association law. I already did find cases which were interesting also with regard to Madrid.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:56 pm

The perfect forum stats:

842 Posts in 103 Topics by 142 Members.

Quite a lot of silent members. But numbers are to be trusted, and used as argumentation to show the forum is better than this or the old FISTF forum...

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:13 pm

It's so easy. They just ask all italian players to "join the forum"... We know what it means...

It's all about the interpretation/manipulation of numbers...

What a sad world we live in...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:41 pm

Admin wrote:We know what it means...

Sheep?

It really is sad to read the welcome topic with friends cheered, and most of them never writing anything except possibly some tournament comments (not to be underestimated, but hardly any reason to talk about a massive forum). And some even admitting that they will not write in english and so they stay in their own forum. How many with only the welcome message...

I have to add that this would of course not be a problem, if some people would not use the numbers as an argument. It's only a counter argument.

The same as with the editorials, the language etc. If you admit you're an amateur and you make mistakes, it's fine. If you insist you're a professional who is always right, but evidently make mistakes, then it's open season (hunting term).

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tilgner on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:15 am

von K. wrote:
The same as with the editorials, the language etc. If you admit you're an amateur and you make mistakes, it's fine. If you insist you're a professional who is always right, but evidently make mistakes, then it's open season (hunting term).

Vesa, don't be so hard with them. They are only humans and humans do mistakes... The only difference is: they do their mistakes professionally :-)

And now they start pickung up the hints from the bottom class - they have removed the famous MATTESBURG logo ...
Is hope really growing that the new Board is going to hear not only the voices from Italy, Spain, Malta and that they stop ignoring the voices Geat Bitain, Potugal, Geece, Gemany, Austia, the Nethelands, Ieland, Denmak, Czech Epublic, Switzeland, NoWay...?

But unfortunately the wolf just put on the costume of a sheep... The now dead link refers to the missing file mattesburg.png ...

I have to admit I had written something similar in a different topic three weeks ago, but their lack of ability to spell at least the names correctly which do not belong to themselves really shows their understanding of professionalism...!!

Marcus Tilgner
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:45 am

Marcus Tilgner wrote:
Vesa, don't be so hard with them. They are only humans and humans do mistakes... The only difference is: they do their mistakes professionally :-)

You mean like in football the professional foul is a really bad foul that deserves a red card...

You could also mean that their profession is making mistakes...

Very Happy

Marcus Tilgner wrote:
But unfortunately the wolf just put on the costume of a sheep... The now dead link refers to the missing file mattesburg.png ...

...and the survey (professional survey, I must add) on the front page asks if "Mattesburg" was the best tournament last year.

Marcus Tilgner wrote:I have to admit I had written something similar in a different topic three weeks ago

Similar?

Even if you would mean similar like the editorial, it's a different thing with people who are not acting like professionals, and are not representing a global federation. By the way, I didn't mind Piero's english when he was representing just Spain.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tilgner on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:38 am

von K. wrote:You could also mean that their profession is making mistakes...

Very Happy
Obviously you do understand me ... ;-)

von K. wrote:...and the survey (professional survey, I must add) on the front page asks if "Mattesburg" was the best tournament last year.
That makes things even clearer. That's what I call a real professional mistake: Knowing that there is no tournament in Mattesburg (for obvious reasons) they expect more votes for THEIR favourite tournament...

von K. wrote:
Similar?

Even if you would mean similar like the editorial, it's a different thing with people who are not acting like professionals, and are not representing a global federation. By the way, I didn't mind Piero's english when he was representing just Spain.

With 'similar' I just referred to the list of counties - sorry - countries in my post... ;-)
Marcus Tilgner
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top