Madrid, 02/11

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madrid, 02/11

Post  Thossa on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:38 pm

In this particular case it is not easy to find the right persons for the jobs as BoD-member. Kostas, it is too easy to collect only some names, that you think could be the best for the jobs (and you don´t even know if they ever want to do the job!).

At least the whole group has to work together. It is a matter of fact, if some people don´t like each other, no good work can grow. Such a new BoD has to find each other. And to me it is not stringently required to fill a FISTF BoD out of all corners of Europe or the world.

At the moment I don´t see candidates coming up from the regionsyou have mentioned, Kostas. But I agree, as a long-term-wish, one day this can be the optimum of course. Right now we don´t have the personal.

What FISTF now needs, is a quick collected team of people with expierence in FISTF matters, who are able to do the daily work and who knows the basis: the players (Top10-players as well as under Top100-players, old or new).

Than, maybe in 2012 or until than, a new generation can try to bring themselve in. With new ideas or methods, but not undemocratically and without permittment.

The FISTF community MUST learn out of the mistakes of 2010 and should not slide softly into the next catastrophe.
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:Here are names mentioned who I'm quite sure about were not contacted before if they would like to do. You mention here names and others not, so if they are not willed you will look for other ones, who maybe feel like second choice then, because your first choice was not available, I hope I explained it right.

Ok, this reasoning is fine. I'm not sure if it's the only correct reasoning, but it is satisfactory in explaining your view.

Heinz Eder wrote:I didn't want to attack you with my post.

No problem. I didn't take it as an attack. I just needed clarifications. I also didn't mean anything bad with my post.

Heinz Eder wrote:I know that we have a voting system which means post by post but exactly what we start here in that topic should be done inside the CoN. Of course time is very short, that's the reason why I was not happy about the EGM, because it means a lot of pressure to find people for different jobs in such a short time.

True. This is why it would be best that now there would be elections for a "cleaner-Board". It would only be in the office until maximum WC 2012. It's primary job would be for example to repair the daily work, repair the community, unify and work for an atmosphere where the elections 2012 would be well organised and positive in every way.

Heinz Eder wrote:Generally I hope that who ever will be on the board will work together with everyone and try to involve as many people as possible in the work of FISTF.
The sports commission should be a must for any new sports director and the CoN should support a new president to make the needed changes in the statutes.

Without a doubt both of these would be important. Using commissions should become the norm in FISTF. For so many reasons that have already been explained in this forum many times.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 pm

von K. wrote:Again, I have no idea of his interest.

Look, Vesa, that is exactly the problem. If Paul would have the interest, he is able to bring in his name by themselve, but probably he don´t have the ambition to create something or work for FISTF. We don´t have the personnel. The people who are willing to work for FISTF are few and far between.
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm sorry but the important thing is to have the best person for each job. "One person per nation maximum" is nothing but theory. I'd like to see many people from many countries involved but it's always more difficult when it comes to work.

To have someone from outside Europe in the Boars should be fine if there are candidates but the last experience with Zach Walker was rather negative and I don't think Paul Eyes (who still doesn't think the USA should be member of FISTF) is a very convincing choice (even if I respect his work very much).

There are names being menionned here and there (not only on the forum), even people I have never seen before. I'm OK to have an Italian in the Board and the 2 Italians who told me their interest to be part of the Board have never been mentionned on this forum.

Therefore I think making a Board will be very difficult.

I also think we need people like Luis horta, Chris Aggelinas, Vesa,... who - if they are not "directors" - will have an important role to play for the future of FISTF.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Thossa wrote:
von K. wrote:Again, I have no idea of his interest.

Look, Vesa, that is exactly the problem. If Paul would have the interest, he is able to bring in his name by themselve, but probably he don´t have the ambition to create something or work for FISTF. We don´t have the personnel. The people who are willing to work for FISTF are few and far between.

Olivier didn't put himself forward before many people asked him to become the Sports Director. I believe this is quite normal.

People realise they might be interested, if they are asked. But many people have so many other things in life, that they don't even think about this, if not asked.

I think Paul should be asked if he is interested in some role for the FISTF (not a director perhaps, but doing something). Losing people like him is one reason for FISTF being like it is, especially globally.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Okay, it doesn´t hurt to ask Wink
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Maybe we should think about the following.
The board has to consist of 6 directors+president
President/Sports Director/Finanical Director/Marketing Director/Communication Director/Financial Director/General Secretary
In my opinion all those countries who are not represented in the board will/should be represented in the commission of sport and the council of nations.
I don't share the opinion that a board only should bring the situation like it was before january 2010, if I would really become president, I would hardly try to modify our statutes with the CoN till the next elections for an example.
A sports department shouldn't only make the daily work, that's exactly what Kostas and many others critizised before january 2010 and I think with a sports commission like the last one, much more could be possible.
In institutions like there it is very important to implement people from every corner of the world who are ready to help for an example.

My wish for the next ordinary congress undependent if I'm part of the board till then or not should be a new set of statutes which have to be approved there and maybe some good projects in the different departments of FISTF which will be continued by a new board 2012 too because it is positive and was agreed by a big majority in the commissions.

If we manage that we can say we learnt out of the mistakes of the last years and then I think we can say the community is unit again.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alex popoff on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:58 am

Heinz Eder wrote:Maybe we should think about the following.
The board has to consist of 6 directors+president
President/Sports Director/Finanical Director/Marketing Director/Communication Director/Financial Director/General Secretary
In my opinion all those countries who are not represented in the board will/should be represented in the commission of sport and the council of nations.
I don't share the opinion that a board only should bring the situation like it was before january 2010, if I would really become president, I would hardly try to modify our statutes with the CoN till the next elections for an example.
A sports department shouldn't only make the daily work, that's exactly what Kostas and many others critizised before january 2010 and I think with a sports commission like the last one, much more could be possible.
In institutions like there it is very important to implement people from every corner of the world who are ready to help for an example.

My wish for the next ordinary congress undependent if I'm part of the board till then or not should be a new set of statutes which have to be approved there and maybe some good projects in the different departments of FISTF which will be continued by a new board 2012 too because it is positive and was agreed by a big majority in the commissions.

If we manage that we can say we learnt out of the mistakes of the last years and then I think we can say the community is unit again.

I agree with that idea !!!
alex popoff
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:34 am

Admin wrote:I also think we need people like Luis horta, Chris Aggelinas, Vesa,... who - if they are not "directors" - will have an important role to play for the future of FISTF.

Thank you for you remember me. But, why not as director ?
I'm a former president of the portuguese association.
It's time to have a portuguese in the board with experience in Communication and Sports, and also in Management and Informatic.
Also, I think my english is enough for the job.
Nevertheless, I think you are putting the coach in front of the horses.
What I mean is, before we choose the people we must find, present and discuss programs for the future of FISTF, and this, I can't see it yet.
Maybe, it's time for real candidates may share their programs for FISTF.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:10 am

@vesa
do you understand me better now? Crying or Very sad

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:12 am

does it mean you only would help with a chair in the board?

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
Admin wrote:I also think we need people like Luis horta, Chris Aggelinas, Vesa,... who - if they are not "directors" - will have an important role to play for the future of FISTF.

Thank you for you remember me. But, why not as director ?
I'm a former president of the portuguese association.
It's time to have a portuguese in the board with experience in Communication and Sports, and also in Management and Informatic.
Also, I think my english is enough for the job.
Nevertheless, I think you are putting the coach in front of the horses.
What I mean is, before we choose the people we must find, present and discuss programs for the future of FISTF, and this, I can't see it yet.
Maybe, it's time for real candidates may share their programs for FISTF.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 am

Luis, everything is Open. If you're candidate, it's great.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  zinga on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:26 am

Heinz Eder wrote:do you understand me better now? Crying or Very sad
So, are you against open dialogue in the forum? In my opinion it is far better to discuss issues openly here before EGM than to go to the meeting without knowing any candidates and agendas.
zinga
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:02 am

@ Luís
FISTF needs somebody as Marketing Director, who search for sponsors, makes contracts and collect money out of this. This was all the time a FISTF-job, that never really functioned. Could this be a task for you?

@ Hönkki
FISTF is still in a stranglehold of Catania, even when he has nobody beside him. Since yesterday we know the door between him and Alan Collins is closed as well, but Collins still safes FISTF money. The FISTF-boat is since last year in stormy weather, but I am sure it will not sink before Madrid 02/11, when a new BoD is elected. So, I don´t see the need to reunited the old Coppenolle-team now for a few weeks Wink
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:23 am

The reaction of Luis showed the problems which could occure when talking about names.
That's all I wanted to say, and that's the reason why I won't talk about names here, but of course I can't forbid anybody to discuss about names here.
It is only my opinion, I write here.

zinga wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:do you understand me better now? Crying or Very sad
So, are you against open dialogue in the forum? In my opinion it is far better to discuss issues openly here before EGM than to go to the meeting without knowing any candidates and agendas.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:The reaction of Luis showed the problems which could occure when talking about names.
That's all I wanted to say, and that's the reason why I won't talk about names here, but of course I can't forbid anybody to discuss about names here.

This means you want to do everything in secret again, don't you ?
It seems you didn't learn nothing in the last year. What a shame!

Last edited by Luis Filipe Horta on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:does it mean you only would help with a chair in the board?

I didn't say that. Don't change my words, please.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Thossa wrote:@ Luís
FISTF needs somebody as Marketing Director, who search for sponsors, makes contracts and collect money out of this. This was all the time a FISTF-job, that never really functioned. Could this be a task for you?

I'm sorry, Thossa. The Marketing is not my best.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:33 pm

If you think I want to do everything in secret again, you didn't seem to read my posts here, or you think I write here something differnt than I want to do.

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:The reaction of Luis showed the problems which could occure when talking about names.

This means you want to do everything in secret again, don't you ?
It seems you didn't learn nothing in the last year. What a shame!

Last edited by Heinz Eder on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Sorry that i ask you if I want some clearification on your post. My fault as it seems. Question
I think it is better that way than only to think what you wanted to say with that post.

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:does it mean you only would help with a chair in the board?

I didn't say that. Don't change my words, please.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:If you think I want to do everything in secret again, you didn't seem to read my posts here, or you think I write here something differnt than I want to do.

You write lots and lots of extensive posts everyday and you are not the only one. I have no time or pacience to read it all.
What I read in another post is you already have support to be FISTF president. Are you interested in the job ?
For me, you are not the right person for the job. That's I'm sure and it is not a secret.
By other hand, I don't want to start another personal discussion with you here. Sorry.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:33 pm

After all, FISTF still needs somebody who is able to fill the gap as Marketing Director. Any volunteers in view? Maybe from Spain, Italy, Greece or somewhere in the world?
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Thossa wrote:After all, FISTF still needs somebody who is able to fill the gap as Marketing Director. Any volunteers in view? Maybe from Spain, Italy, Greece or somewhere in the world?

Are the other jobs already filled ?

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
Thossa wrote:After all, FISTF still needs somebody who is able to fill the gap as Marketing Director. Any volunteers in view? Maybe from Spain, Italy, Greece or somewhere in the world?

Are the other jobs already filled ?

No idea, but actually not.
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:09 pm

On my own I never would think to candidate for president, but if many people think I can make the situation better, of course I have to think about it, because in my opinion a board member is a servant of the community.
If people say I can't help anywhere it is ok for me too.
As a conclusion I would do anything, if I'm needed somewhere with or without a chair in the FISTF Board.

Luis Filipe Horta wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:If you think I want to do everything in secret again, you didn't seem to read my posts here, or you think I write here something differnt than I want to do.

You write lots and lots of extensive posts everyday and you are not the only one. I have no time or pacience to read it all.
What I read in another post is you already have support to be FISTF president. Are you interested in the job ?
For me, you are not the right person for the job. That's I'm sure and it is not a secret.
By other hand, I don't want to start another personal discussion with you here. Sorry.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top