Maybe it is time for an european association under FISTF

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Maybe it is time for an european association under FISTF

Post  Heinz Eder on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 pm

I hope you didn't feel it as a blame, I was really wondering and wanted to ask for knowing the situation better.
Did you think about it to form a team for FISTF events to get a start? I don't know the finnish rules, but if they allow it those finnish players who are ready to travel and strong enough could build a team to play FISTF team events, but in Finland on national level, they play for different clubs.
I think it would be a first step and could possibly motivate other players too.
At the point when there are enough players, this "team" could stop again and start playing international events with the club they play on national level too.

von K. wrote:I somehow missed this question, Heinz.

Zinga's explanation is correct, but needs some adding. Practically only one team has 4 or more players of a level that there is any idea of going abroad. The others have at least 1 player who can be considered a novice (5-0 or more against top finnish players), and maximum 2-3 players who are ready to travel abroad. The players of the biggest team are scattered around in 5 cities with distances of up to 300 km between them, and only some of them are interested (or have a possibility) in travelling. So even for them finding enough players to go, and getting a good weekend for all of them, is very hard.

It's possible that the team structure will change in the future, to allow us the chance to go abroad (most top players would like to do that). Also we will possibly see if there is the possibility to find a foreigner without a club who would be interested in a couple of tournaments a year.

The interest is there, the possibilities at the moment are not.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Don't worry, Heinz. We didn't take it as a blame. It's good to ask, because it's really important to know the situations in different countries.

We have thought about creating a team, like you said, for the FISTF tournaments. But we haven't yet checked if it's ok for FISTF. Apparently it is, and of course should be possible. A club like this will most probably be created.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:49 pm

I hope you didn't feel it as a blame, I was really wondering and wanted to ask for knowing the situation better.
Did you think about it to form a team for FISTF events to get a start? I don't know the finnish rules, but if they allow it those finnish players who are ready to travel and strong enough could build a team to play FISTF team events, but in Finland on national level, they play for different clubs.
At the point when there are enough players, this "team" could stop again and start playing international events with the club they play on national level too.

That sort of arrangement would be the best solution for us right now. That team would be like our nationalteam with a clubname.

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:13 pm

We did this in Ireland with a Club called 'Irish Premier League' and it worked very well.
Players from North & South combined to form a FISTF team but represented their local clubs on the Irish Circuit. See Irish Premier League link on www.nitfa.org.uk

hönkki wrote:

That sort of arrangement would be the best solution for us right now. That team would be like our nationalteam with a clubname.
ken
International Open Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:31 am

We did this in Ireland with a Club called 'Irish Premier League' and it worked very well.
Players from North & South combined to form a FISTF team but represented their local clubs on the Irish Circuit. See Irish Premier League link on www.nitfa.org.uk

Ok.

So, is the club of all irish players 'Irish Premier League' in the FISTF-rankinglist ? I mean, when irish players take part in individual FISTF-competitions and they need to tell what is their club, is it allways
'Irish Premier League' ?

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ken on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:40 pm

1. It was on the FISTF Ranking list but has probably dropped off now as it is a couple of years since the club participated in a FISTF Event. Have a look at some of the older ranking lists on FISTF website and you will see.

2. Yes - when club members play in FISTF events their registered club would be Irish Premier League.
There are some IPL players in the current rankings. (I am currently signed for Yorkshire for FISTF events).
ken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top