FISTF Council of Nations

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FISTF Council of Nations

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:06 pm

I have seen a lot of guesses about the council of nations but I'm waiting for some official news from FISTF's provisional president about this council in the way proposed by the FISTF Circular #36.
I'm also waiting for the minutes from the meeting of Rain explaining what happened and what have been approved, if any.
Remember that is not enough having a council. We must have rules how the council will work.
It's time to stop guessing and let the council start to work. I can't see a true and organized project. Only talk, talk and more talking.
Why do we start really working for the future of FISTF ?
As a representative of the portuguese association, I'm ready.
Does the other nations's representatives are ready also or need more time for talking without any commitment ?
Any day passed is a lost day and season 2010/2011 already began.

Last edited by Luis Filipe Horta on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FISTF Council of Nations

Post  von K. on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:20 am

I don't know when the minutes are published. There should also be mentioned the time schedule for the council to start working. I seem to remember that the council would start at the end of this month, when all countries have nominated their representative.

After that the work can start. But it's not realistic to wait that everything can be done in a second. It's a long project to make FISTF better.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:02 am

those things were done much faster in january Question
Maybe some things already can be prepared without the meeting minutes Question

Heinz

von K. wrote:I don't know when the minutes are published. There should also be mentioned the time schedule for the council to start working. I seem to remember that the council would start at the end of this month, when all countries have nominated their representative.

After that the work can start. But it's not realistic to wait that everything can be done in a second. It's a long project to make FISTF better.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hönkki on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:11 am

Who'll collect the names of the representatives for the council ?

hönkki
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Parnaby on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:23 pm

England- representitive is myself Mike Parnaby
I am already working for FISTF in the finance section with Alan Collins, so I am more than ready to take an active role.

Mike

Mike Parnaby
Challenger winner
Challenger winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:30 pm

One week has passed after the Rain's meeting and no official information has been disclosed by the FISTF BoD or anybody else. No minutes of the meeting. No information about the FISTF Council. An absolute zero only.
Instead, I read useless and repeated discussion only.
All those issues must be solved by the FISTF Bod with the help of the Council.
It is mandatory that the Council starts to work asap.
Does anyone has any kind of usefull information from FISTF in the last week to share with the community ?
Why the waiting ?

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Today, a Circular0040 (Council) and minute of the meeting were send to the presidents, Luís.
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Aleluia!!! Very Happy

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Smith on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:43 pm

can someone email me a copy?

i didn't get one

cheekybob75@hotmail.com

thanks
Rob Smith
International Open Winner

View user profile http://www.subbuteoaustralia.com.au/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:51 pm

& vincent.cop@rsca.com as well, please
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Smith on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:10 pm

thank you Heinz
Rob Smith

View user profile http://www.subbuteoaustralia.com.au/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  soxy on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:14 am

It is interesting of how this council will work as it is a good idea provided that each association prompts with a decent figure who wants our sport to step forward.

soxy
Satellite winner
Satellite winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:30 am

As it looks like unfortunaly nobody from the The Netherlands is interested in to join the FISTF CoN Rolling Eyes
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 am

Thossa wrote:As it looks like unfortunaly nobody from the The Netherlands is interested in to join the FISTF CoN Rolling Eyes

This really is sad. Especially because is not supposed to be a full time job. In Rain talked to some people who are going to be representatives in the CoN, and the consensus was that it should be made easy to work in it, and that it wouldn'e consume too much time. If it is like this, it's hard to understand the U-19 WC country doesn't have anyone to do it. But it's their decision.

There has been talk of Skype, but also in Rain I got the picture that no one was interested in that. Everyone (those I spoke with) wanted to keep it simple with possibility for comments and small discussion (maybe a closed forum or email), and then decisions by vote.

I must underline that if this is meant to have the best people, then it has to done so that people with little time can also be representatives.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 pm

von K. wrote:
Thossa wrote:As it looks like unfortunaly nobody from the The Netherlands is interested in to join the FISTF CoN Rolling Eyes

This really is sad. Especially because is not supposed to be a full time job. In Rain talked to some people who are going to be representatives in the CoN, and the consensus was that it should be made easy to work in it, and that it wouldn'e consume too much time. If it is like this, it's hard to understand the U-19 WC country doesn't have anyone to do it. But it's their decision.

There has been talk of Skype, but also in Rain I got the picture that no one was interested in that. Everyone (those I spoke with) wanted to keep it simple with possibility for comments and small discussion (maybe a closed forum or email), and then decisions by vote.

I must underline that if this is meant to have the best people, then it has to done so that people with little time can also be representatives.

At the moment our dutch friends have more problems within NSVB. That´s the biggerest problem for them then to find somebody to represent The Netherlands in a FISTF CoN. In the next weeks I will meet some dutch players at the tournaments in Belgium and Germany and maybe I can convince them to find a respectable and responsible person from The Netherlands to join FISTF CoN. We´ll see.
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:16 pm

sorry, but it is a council to support the FISTF Board, please keep that in mind.
Maybe the president of FISTF wants to participate in the discussion, and he wants also discussion on skype, maybe the council can fullfill this wish?
The council shouldn't only check the work of FISTF Board and correct decisions or change decisions. In best case no decision has to be changed, because the first published decision should be an agreement on the topic between FISTF Board and Council.
Hopefully people won't get the job wrong in that council. On the other side the board hopefully understands that the council are the members of FISTF. So please respect each other and work together.

Heinz

von K. wrote:

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dromer on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Why does this board need support?
This council is a waste of energy. By the time you know who's in it, what you'll talk about .... my beard will touch the ground.
Democratic elections are the only solution for FISTF and for Greece btw.
Fistf has a board that wasn't elected, promised elections in september but cancelled them, in what way you want to support that kind of board????.
If this board would have won the elections, they had a right to change things the way they wanted but they didn't win they cancelled the elections!!!!

dromer
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:02 pm

First of all it would be nice if you wouldn't hide behind such a name. you can see my whole name and know who I am, the same I would appreciate to know from you.
the council should help the board to make new statutes, then we the council can think about elections, at the moment elections without statutes doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Heinz

dromer wrote:Why does this board need support?
This council is a waste of energy. By the time you know who's in it, what you'll talk about .... my beard will touch the ground.
Democratic elections are the only solution for FISTF and for Greece btw.
Fistf has a board that wasn't elected, promised elections in september but cancelled them, in what way you want to support that kind of board????.
If this board would have won the elections, they had a right to change things the way they wanted but they didn't win they cancelled the elections!!!!

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Heinz Eder wrote:sorry, but it is a council to support the FISTF Board, please keep that in mind.
Maybe the president of FISTF wants to participate in the discussion, and he wants also discussion on skype, maybe the council can fullfill this wish?
The council shouldn't only check the work of FISTF Board and correct decisions or change decisions. In best case no decision has to be changed, because the first published decision should be an agreement on the topic between FISTF Board and Council.
Hopefully people won't get the job wrong in that council. On the other side the board hopefully understands that the council are the members of FISTF. So please respect each other and work together.

Some of this doesn't match what was discussed in Rain.

The whole idea of the council is that it is above the BoD. The BoD is the people who decide on some things and on some bigger things proposes decisions to the council. But the council, as a lighter representative organ of the members than the Congress (which will always take at least 3 months to arrange and is thus extremely unflexible in quicker decisionmaking), will step in if the decisions don't match the majority's thoughts. This, in it's simplicity (the official jargon is for others), was the way I understood the idea of the council, and what I heard in Rain from some others was also this.

By the way, Skype can't be seen as obligatory means of discussion. For example I, for most of the time, don't have the possibility to talk even on a regular phone.

So, the persons who don't have Skype are out? I heard that it was asked also from the national presidents. But how could FISTF in this way say that someone can't be a federation president because he doesn't use Skype? It's also ridiculous if we want to have even technologically less developed countries into the FISTF, which should be the aim. And how on earth were things done when FISTF was created? It must have been an everyday miracle without Skype.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wrkl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:47 pm

von K. wrote:
Heinz Eder wrote:sorry, but it is a council to support the FISTF Board, please keep that in mind.

Some of this doesn't match what was discussed in Rain.

The whole idea of the council is that it is above the BoD. The BoD is the people who decide on some things and on some bigger things proposes decisions to the council. But the council, as a lighter representative organ of the members than the Congress (which will always take at least 3 months to arrange and is thus extremely unflexible in quicker decisionmaking), will step in if the decisions don't match the majority's thoughts. This, in it's simplicity (the official jargon is for others), was the way I understood the idea of the council, and what I heard in Rain from some others was also this.

By the way, Skype can't be seen as obligatory means of discussion. For example I, for most of the time, don't have the possibility to talk even on a regular phone.

So, the persons who don't have Skype are out? I heard that it was asked also from the national presidents. But how could FISTF in this way say that someone can't be a federation president because he doesn't use Skype? It's also ridiculous if we want to have even technologically less developed countries into the FISTF, which should be the aim. And how on earth were things done when FISTF was created? It must have been an everyday miracle without Skype.

You are on fire Von K Smile

What is Skype?

Simplicity is the key here.

And yes I think you have the roles reversed Heinz. It should be the board supporting the council

wrkl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Sorry friends but, as Vincent said, this is becoming RI-DI-CU-LOUS.

FISTF statuses do not mention anything about the Council of Nations. It is ILLEGAL from head to toes. Moreover, it will never be put into practice, because of many reasons, the following one being the most important:

***TOO MANY PEOPLE***

This was the reason why elections were invented in the first place, what a revelation Idea To give the chance to a SMALL group of people to work efficiently, in the name and for the benefit of the rest.

FISTF BoD has only 4 members instead of 7. We couldn't find enough candidates for the postponed elections. And we are wasting our time trying to assemble a CoN with representatives from all member nations!!!

Players are not allowed to play, results never come out, no Sports Director, a complete mess and we are talking if the CoN, which does not really exist by the way, will be above or below the BoD, which is in the Intensive Care Unit!!!

You give the right to the people of the provisional BoD who prevented a normal election in Rain, to stay there forever, laughing at us while they destroy the community.

ELECTIONS NOW!! STOP THIS COMEDY!!
Come on guys, what do you want to prove, that this a game only played by children??

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:16 am

The bad thing is that when Catania said at the meeting that if he was the problem, he was ready to resign and nobody had the balls to tell him he's the problem...

There was also the bad game of Italians saying "if there are elections, we retire from FISTF". This was the silliest thing I have ever heard in my life because this is CHANTAGE! I don't believe the top italian clubs like Pisa, Milano, Reggio Emilia,... would be happy if Italy retires from FISTF so this comment was just the one of one person who was thinking about his personal interests, not the interests of his nations.

Sorry to be rude but this is the reality.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Hodds on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:18 pm

drastis wrote:FISTF statuses do not mention anything about the Council of Nations. It is ILLEGAL from head to toes.
Of course they do not mention it - it is new, how could they !!?? It was voted on and approved at congress, so of course it is valid.

Much of the problem with both the current and previous FISTF Boards is there were not enough people doing the work properly. Bringing more people in to help do the work can only be a good thing IMHO.

Too much talk of statutes and illegal things and not enough talk about playing subbuteo. I wonder what Peter Adolph would think about all this, I would imagine he would be very unhappy.

Martin Hodds
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luis Filipe Horta on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 pm

Let's give a chance to the Council work for a while and then you will comment if it was a good solution or not.
The kick off has already been done by FISTF President with CIRCULAR #40.
Let's wait for the next step. Anytime will be possible to have elections because I hope all nation associations will be represented.
As I said before, I will represent the portuguese association and from inside, I will be able to supervise if the Council really works or not. I hope all other representatives will do the same.

Luis Filipe Horta
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:44 am

Of course the council has to get a chance, because it was a consense in Rain, so all representatives should do their best and spend as much time as possible for that work. If the council can realize decisions without the agreement of the board, is a question I don't want to answer.

I don't know how things work in England, i can only explain to you how things work in austria.
The statutes are the legal base of an association, they have to match with the national law, where the association is situated.
Anything which is not written down in the statutes or the french law is not legal in my opinion. If you want to change the statutes, you normally have to do that at a Congress and then send the changes to the responsible ressort of the gouvernment. They check if the changes accord on the national law and then the board of the federation can act according on the new statutes.
That's the way it works here in austria, when your club or association is officially recognized.

The next question should be what it means to be officially recognized. I believe that most associations are not officially recognized in their country, because they have no chance to be recognized as sport.
Tablesoccer isn't a sport in austria too, but the association is officially recognized. The important thing is not to be a sport in a country, the important thing only is to be official. It means your statutes are checked by a legal authority, that's the important thing.
The above mentioned is the reason, why an association needs to be recognized in its country before it should become member of FISTF. Refusing a request for being member only because of numbers of clubs or players is against the statutes.

Another problem is the different use of words. Some people say, their association is a sport, but we don't give the same meaning to that word. Being a recognized association in a country doesn't automatically mean to be a recognized sport in a country, those things are very important to know in my opinion. It would also be the job of FISTF Board to ask for information about that.

As it seems after the decision to create a council, nobody is interested anymore, if the things done before were right or wrong, nobody is interested, if the board acted against the statutes or the french law.
Alex explained well, that under normal circumstances it was not ok to do what they did before Rain, but we still don't know what was sent to the french authority in january.

Heinz

Martin Hodds wrote:
drastis wrote:FISTF statuses do not mention anything about the Council of Nations. It is ILLEGAL from head to toes.
Of course they do not mention it - it is new, how could they !!?? It was voted on and approved at congress, so of course it is valid.

Much of the problem with both the current and previous FISTF Boards is there were not enough people doing the work properly. Bringing more people in to help do the work can only be a good thing IMHO.

Too much talk of statutes and illegal things and not enough talk about playing subbuteo. I wonder what Peter Adolph would think about all this, I would imagine he would be very unhappy.

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top