Closing of the FISTF forum

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Closing of the FISTF forum

Post  von K. on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm curious. Is it legal to close a forum of a federation without warning? Or is it according to the federation rules?

Many people lost important information, and tournaments lost their natural info channel. And the international tf society a place to meet in every day discussion. I for one am disappointed because I lost the discussions I took part in. Also the one where a member of the board insulted the activity and work we do in Finland. I'd very much like to retrieve that.

From my part many thanks for opening this forum. I hope it'll grow a lot.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Closing of the FISTF forum

Post  Thossa on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Good point seeded. Just ask the responsibles... I think you will get no professional answer Laughing
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.dstfb.de

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:25 pm

I've tried in the italian forum, but no one there bothers to answer. And as I'm not the chairman of our federation I'm not allowed to contact the board...

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Well, the FISTF Board thinks communicating via a forum is "not professional" and therefore prefers not having a forum.

I heard there will be a new FISTF soon but so:
- why did they close the existing forum?
- will there be freedom of speech on it?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://templeuveunited.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 pm

They said the new one starts on 12th april...

And De Francesco in the italian forum just says "soon".

I doubt the freedom of speech, because I think crtiscism was the reason for closing the previous forum. Nevermind that there was a lot of other things than critiscism. And then again, a professional board that works genuinely for the good of the sport, regarding all nations, should confront critiscism with discussion.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Hola,

You have already responded to why the FISTF wanted to close the forum .... why we believe that the forum need to be independent, free, and sure to be this.

As far as we can and taking into account the gaps on my part with the language, try to intervene and answer the questions that may arise if the official line but to jump response.

I hope this new space can be useful to all friends and table football players.

A greeting.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Piero, nice to read your comments here.
I haven't a problem with it, if the board wants to create a new forum, but I think a very good question should be answerred here by someone of the board.

Why didn't the board close the forum, when the new one is ready?

The forum was used by organizers, the forum was used for critical discussion (i agree it was sometimes a bit too much), and now none of those things are available. You take the chance away to attract players for tournaments by a good advertisement in the forum for an example. Organizers have to contact now maybe 500 players by individual mails, that's not a positive aspect.
I think it would be better to close the forum only then, when the new forum is available on the next day. In the official communication there was written that a new forum should be available on 12th of april, today it is 21st and there wasn't sent any new information about the delay.

Heinz

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Heinz,

I FISTF creed that does not need a formal forum. the world of table soccer itself.

And I think this forum is the answer I was expecting.

A free forum, which can be used for any exchange of information, and I hope will be measured in a serious way, in the event that any user be misled by the bad manners and insults.

I do not think the board FISTF have no problem with this is the new swap for the world of table soccer.

This is my opinion.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:05 pm

For me it should be compulsory for the organizers to make a thread for every tournament on FISTF forum, that should be the main point of an official FISTF forum.
This forum is not official so there is no need for ALL organizers to open a thread for their tournament here.

Of course it is the decision of the new board, but then the official communication shouldn't mention a date where a new official FISTF forum is going to be available.

Heinz

pierocapponi wrote:Hi Heinz,

I FISTF creed that does not need a formal forum. the world of table soccer itself.

And I think this forum is the answer I was expecting.

A free forum, which can be used for any exchange of information, and I hope will be measured in a serious way, in the event that any user be misled by the bad manners and insults.

I do not think the board FISTF have no problem with this is the new swap for the world of table soccer.

This is my opinion.

Piero

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

pierocapponi wrote:

You have already responded to why the FISTF wanted to close the forum .... why we believe that the forum need to be independent, free, and sure to be this.

Piero

That makes no sense according to what is written in Circular No. 14. And of course why is it announced a new FISTF forum would be opened on April 12th?

That´s all slighty misleading...
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Thossa wrote:
pierocapponi wrote:

Piero

That makes no sense according to what is written in Circular No. 14. And of course why is it announced a new FISTF forum would be opened on April 12th?

That´s all slighty misleading...

That's exactly what I thought. How can you announce a new official forum to be ready on the 12th of April and now say that this forum can do as well ??? Anyway, isn't it the job of FISTF Communications Director to arrange such matters? Is Piero replacing FISTF CD in this? Is Piero's statement the official answer of provisionary FISTF BoD?

What a mess!

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:14 pm

But we can not change your mind? I repeat my opinion is not the board, but I will propose

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 pm

What I can't believe is that both Piero and Stefano were almost never using the FISTF forum but now they are posting much on an independant forum created by someone who is their biggest enemy, lol.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:19 pm

pierocapponi wrote:But we can not change your mind? I repeat my opinion is not the board, but I will propose

We can back you up in this if you want Cool

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I am saying that this is my opinon. Not the board.

I write here because I believe in the forum of institutional ownership. I do not like censorship. The forum is by definition free and if it manages my "worst enemgo" better.

I've never ofnedido anyone and always try to make positive contributions.

I do not think Vincent will exclude me say my opinion.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Of course no. The more opinions the better! I'm open-minded so I don't have anything against agressivity or black humor. I just hate being betrayed. And when it happens, I take my own conclusions...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm

In my opinion it is better to have a forum that is free & independent of FISTF, rather than a FISTF sanctioned forum.

Having worked with web sites for various organizations a forum is a tricky thing. If someone says something that is illegal or libelous is the organization that hosts the forum libel too? Legal advice explained that it could be & has always recommend to these clients not to have forums on their web sites.

So let's rejoice in our freedom & independence & hope that FISTF never starts another forum. Let people come here instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Admin wrote:I'm open-minded so I don't have anything against agressivity or black humor.
OMG! I think this forum might become my 2nd home Twisted Evil
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  zinga on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Kaitsu wrote:
Admin wrote:I'm open-minded so I don't have anything against agressivity or black humor.
OMG! I think this forum might become my 2nd home Twisted Evil
Oh my, oh my! No
zinga
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:08 pm

Fair play is what we need on the pitches and fair play is what we need in any forum. In this as well of course.

And here is the soundtrack for it. Enjoy afro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9-4MpqM4o&feature=related
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Admin wrote:What I can't believe is that both Piero and Stefano were almost never using the FISTF forum but now they are posting much on an independant forum created by someone who is their biggest enemy, lol.

For me you are not the enemy. My enemy is the playstation!

Back to top Go down

Post  Thossa on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I think it is not right, Vincent, when you say Piero and Stefano almost never used the FISTF Forum.

By the way, Stefano. In November 2009 www.dstfb.de ha about 8.500 hits. Today we are about 17.220

Pretty conclusive Exclamation

Greatings from the worst association lol!
Thossa
Major winner
Major winner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Thossa wrote:In November 2009 www.dstfb.de ha about 8.500 hits. Today we are about 17.220
I am impressed.

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:08 am

pierocapponi wrote:
we can and taking into account the gaps on my part with the language

It is possible, that the insult I felt (in the previous forum) was because of language barrier. It's a shame that I can't read it again. But I'm happy with that interpretation. The bigger problem was (still is), anyway, the lack of open discussion and equal communication about every countries events etc.

Capponi has done a very good unofficial job here to clear some things, and it is very positive, and deserves credit. Not perfect english (or other language) is not a problem. A problem is if there is no discussion and communication.

I don't like translator programs because they usually develop misinterpretations. For example a word like "meeting" can easily be translated to "congress", because in some languages the difference is not the same. So, it is very important to remember (also for me) that some altercations can be avoided by asking the writer to be more specific. Of course there are real differences of opinion, but sometimes problems are created by the language barrier.

But I still want to ask, if the information in the previous forum can be retrieved? There were useful private messages and also there was very useful topics and info. For example about the work of Paul Eyes in the USA. His work would be extremely useful for everyone to realise (for me it's worth an award by the FISTF), because it is about getting kids and teenagers to play the game, as well as being important social activity in a community.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitsu on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 am

I don't know the details, but if i remember correct the old forum was provided/hosted an free forum service (like this one aswell) and i'd assume that after deleting the forum there isn't way to get the old things back.

I hope i'm wrong or that the forum ain't deleted, just closed.
Kaitsu
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile http://www.subu.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top