FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FISTF Congress - Elections cancelled

Post  Janus_Gersie on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:24 pm

wrkl wrote:Personally I would have installed a council of nations immediately. That would have removed the power from the board to instigate change without consultation.
Hopefully this will be implemented soon.

It was decided to have the council of nations latest end of september. This date MUST be in the minutes. For me work starts right now and I invite all nations to form a strong council. This is the way how we gonna push forward our beloved sport.

It was a pleasure to serve you all last weekend. A WorldCup is the most challenging event to organise. We've got a lot of positive feedback. And finally one of the worst associations Very Happy ended with five semis and two gold medals ....
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  drastis on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 pm

I wasn't there, so I can't have an opinion on what happened.

However, I can have a guess on what is going to happen:

* The "provisional" BoD will become MORE THAN PERMANENT.
* Elections and Congress will NEVER happen in the next 4 years.
* FISTF is going to become the "property" of the ones that rule now.
* Few people will keep protesting while the majority of players will not give a penny.
* World Table Football will die soon, a victim of few people's vanity and of many people's indifference.

I am not a prophet. More or less the same happened in my country, after a regime with similar habbits seized power more than two years ago. A real shame same things are happening to World Table Football now. Sad

drastis
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zinga on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:48 pm

drastis wrote:* FISTF is going to become the "property" of the ones that rule now.
Well, if your scenario happens, it is highly possible that FISTF can learn to live without Finland as its member nation (not entirely in my powers to decide).

By the way, way to go team Finland! We finished in the same position than Italy in Open! Very Happy
zinga
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  georgy on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:00 pm

zinga wrote:
By the way, way to go team Finland! We finished in the same position than Italy in Open! Very Happy

Excellent!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Send my regards to all the guys "up there"!
georgy
International Open Winner
International Open Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus_Gersie on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:05 pm

drastis wrote:* The "provisional" BoD will become MORE THAN PERMANENT.
* Elections and Congress will NEVER happen in the next 4 years.
* FISTF is going to become the "property" of the ones that rule now.
* Few people will keep protesting while the majority of players will not give a penny.
* World Table Football will die soon, a victim of few people's vanity and of many people's indifference.

I can't follow your ideas.

*1: YES, they think they are in charge for four years. This would have to be checke by a french lawyer. Maybe Alexandre Popoff knows a good one ...
*2: If we have a council to decide on almost all things in short-term, then MAYBE we only need every four years a congress
*3: NO, I don't think so. If the council works, the associations have the power.
*4: MAYBE, but I am sure that right now all associations are alerted enough ....

And as I said in Rain: If the whole story ends in a mess we can call for an EGM to stop the board. I am really not a friend of the board, but my main hope is the council. If it is only created as a papertiger, I am out of it.

Janus
Janus_Gersie
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von K. on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Martin Hodds wrote:In the meeting, Silvio said (to Janus) that if he is the problem, he will walk away from the position today.
Nobody present told him he must do this.

Elections were not called. I am not sure what the realistic alternatives would have been, apart from causing a split.

Yes. Many people don't understand that the way things went, was because the majority of critical voices, were also against further splits. They want to unite. This was also one reason for not forcing anything (even if it would have been correct in many ways).

But it's true that a vote of confidence for the board members was asked more than once. And, for Finland at least, this was not only about Catania.

Janus_Gersie wrote:
And as I said in Rain: If the whole story ends in a mess we can call for an EGM to stop the board.

In discussions with several nations representatives, it became clear to me, that (if this was the case) this would happen sooner rather than later.

Janus_Gersie wrote:I am really not a friend of the board, but my main hope is the council. If it is only created as a papertiger, I am out of it.

It wasn't discussed to be a papertiger, and if it will be, then I'm out as well. And as Zinga said, it's possible that Finland as a nation is out of FISTF also. And it's not blackmail (we don't even have the importance for that), it's reality.

Many things made me very sad in Rain (not only on friday). But even more people and things made me happy and I hope in the future the balance will be even clearer.

von K.
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alex popoff on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:58 am

Dear Friends !

I understand that a lot of you don't know what to do now because of the Statutes ( which are under the French Law ).
Don't worry ! you don't need a lawyer to understand the situation ! It is very simple :
For the French law, since last weekend FISTF doesn't got any more a Board !

WHY ?
Because it was clear for the two parties (winners and loosers of the last Extraordinary Congress of January 2010) that the winners were "provisionnal" (that was written on the report they send to all the countries : Circular0006) and that new Elections must be made during the Congress of September to officialize a Board !
That was refused by the "Provisionnal Board" at the last moment and in spite of the request of some representatives of member countries ! This is nos allowed.
That means that they don't garantee any more the FISTF obligations as written in the statutes, and by deduction that they resigned from their principal role.

So now, for the French law, the power returns to the member countries (a sort of council) who can decide new Elections to establish a new official Board !

alex popoff
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kechris on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:53 pm

I thought until now that the French law was very strange.
Now i understand that the French law is normal. Maybe few dictators change the meaning of the law.

I respect the law and i believe that alexander explain very clear the law.
So we haven't secretary, sport and marketing director because retired and now we haven't also president, communication, financial and promotion director.

We must elect a new BoD as soon as possible. I think that the council will take this decision.
kechris
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:00 am

Hi Alex, thx for that, there is only one small point which has to be clearified.
What did the french authority get from the meeting in january.
Do they have to send meeting minutes to the french authority? Question
Isn't it possible that they only sent a communication that there was an Extra Ordinary Congress and sent the names of the new board members? Maybe french authority isn't informed that they called themselves a provisional board and maybe they also don't know that a congress was promised in september?

Heinz

alex popoff wrote:Dear Friends !

I understand that a lot of you don't know what to do now because of the Statutes ( which are under the French Law ).
Don't worry ! you don't need a lawyer to understand the situation ! It is very simple :
For the French law, since last weekend FISTF doesn't got any more a Board !

WHY ?
Because it was clear for the two parties (winners and loosers of the last Extraordinary Congress of January 2010) that the winners were "provisionnal" (that was written on the report they send to all the countries : Circular0006) and that new Elections must be made during the Congress of September to officialize a Board !
That was refused by the "Provisionnal Board" at the last moment and in spite of the request of some representatives of member countries ! This is nos allowed.
That means that they don't garantee any more the FISTF obligations as written in the statutes, and by deduction that they resigned from their principal role.

So now, for the French law, the power returns to the member countries (a sort of council) who can decide new Elections to establish a new official Board !

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alex popoff on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 am

[quote="Heinz Eder"]

I think nothing ! Laurent Garnier can perhaps respond to that question if you ask him.

Normaly yes !

Isn't it possible that they only sent a communication that there was an Extra Ordinary Congress and sent the names of the new board members?
Laurent Garnier can respond ... As you, I don't know what they did.

Maybe french authority isn't informed that they called themselves a provisional board and maybe they also don't know that a congress was promised in september?
Is what I think !

alex popoff
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz Eder on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:09 am

so in case they sent something to the french authority without informing them, that they are a provisional board and without informing them that they promised a congress in september, they are elected legally for 4 years now Exclamation Question
Is there any possibility to get information about the status of FISTF form the french authority?

Heinz

[quote="alex popoff"]
Heinz Eder wrote:

I think nothing ! Laurent Garnier can perhaps respond to that question if you ask him.

Normaly yes !

Isn't it possible that they only sent a communication that there was an Extra Ordinary Congress and sent the names of the new board members?
Laurent Garnier can respond ... As you, I don't know what they did.

Maybe french authority isn't informed that they called themselves a provisional board and maybe they also don't know that a congress was promised in september?
Is what I think !

Heinz Eder
Major winner
Major winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alex popoff on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:09 pm

[quote="Heinz Eder"]so in case they sent something to the french authority without informing them, that they are a provisional board and without informing them that they promised a congress in september, they are elected legally for 4 years now Exclamation Question
I hope for them that they didn't do that because we have the proof that they are "provisional" ... They can't do what they did (reported the Congress, Elections ...) because legaly is not the goal of an association under the law 1901 ...
Is there any possibility to get information about the status of FISTF form the french authority ?
I didn't found ... http://www.journal-officiel.gouv.fr/association/index.php
I heard that they wanted to transfer it from the Préfecture du Val de Marne (Paris)
to the Préfecture de la Vendée (where L.Garnier lives)
alex popoff
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top